Walker Street Community Kindergarten Inc. is a non-profit organisation managed according to its constitution. The management body is called the “Committee of Management” (CoM) and consists of volunteer kindergarten parents.
In 2015 the CoM partnered with bestchance – a Kindergarten Cluster Manager. The purpose of a Kindergarten Cluster Manager is to relieve the pressure on families involved in the operation of a kindergarten, and to provide the expertise and resources to support meeting regulatory requirements and provision of quality services.
The CoM responsibilities include:
- Liaison between Families and bestchance and support of teachers and staff
- Financial Management, including fundraising
- Ensuring the kindergarten building and garden are maintained and building a relationship with Yarra City Council (owner of the building).
bestchance is the Approved Provider of the kindergarten service and responsible for:
- Employment, management, professional development and support of teachers and staff
- Ensuring the kindergarten operates in accordance with the relevant regulations and standards of a preschool centre.
Joining the COM gives you the opportunity to meet other parents and to have a say in how the kindergarten is managed. Although our Teaching Staff cannot hold formal roles on the Committee of Management, they are an integral part of the Management of the kinder. A number of sub-committees also support the CoM.
A list of current COM representatives is displayed on the General Noticeboard inside the kindergarten.
Prior to each Annual General Meeting (AGM) Committee Members vacate their positions, leaving them open for nomination. All parents are invited and encouraged to nominate for any position. In accordance with our constitution, our AGM is held in Term 4 each year. Committee positions and descriptions will be distributed to families prior to the AGM.
For more information please contact email@example.com.